Original Works Opportunity Letter (2019)
Jun. 21st, 2019 08:13 pmHey there! I'm tentacledicks over on AO3 as well. I requested fic for all of these! If you're here, you're probably trying to get a better idea of what I want, so I'll do my best to elaborate.
DNWs -
- Unhappy Endings
- Incest
- Unrequited feelings
- On-screen rape/noncon
- Memory loss/memory wipes
- Suicide
(Note: I have no objections to suicidal ideation or histories of abuse that include noncon, but it's absolutely not something I want to see gone into detail in text, especially not in the initial act.)
General Likes-
- Anything that involves kink, especially kink as a way to process trauma
- Anything that involves character studies, especially when it comes to characters analyzing the ways they think of others
- Hurt/comfort
OF2: Injured Bodyguard/The Person They Were Protecting
OF2: Male Vampire/Male Werewolf
No Archive Warnings Apply / Graphic Depictions of Violence
So, a concept:
Vampire with a werewolf bodyguard. Vampire with a werewolf bodyguard who gets hurt protecting the vampire from the one thing they can be hurt by. Hello? Power dynamics? Hello????
In practice, while I love both of these being combined, I'm more than happy to have either alone; the power-exchange dynamic of a bodyguard/protectee is something I'm really interested in, especially if it turns out that the protectee is a bit sheltered while the bodyguard is someone who's lived a rough life. Bonus points for making a point of the bodyguard being physically superior in normal circumstances, but due to injury, they have to rely on the protectee for things.
With vampire/werewolf, I'm just really into the whole vamp/wolf dynamics, especially if it comes with a side-order of species-based hostility.
OF2: Retired Disabled Military Veteran/Young Man Full Of Life He Meets At A Bar
No Archive Warnings Apply / Graphic Depictions of Violence
Ideally, I'd like some stuff poking at the way military service fucks people up even if they don't end up on the front lines. Both in terms of relating to other people and in terms of being able to meld back into society (or failing to meld, as it were.) Disability is kept vague on purpose; whether you choose to go physical or mental in terms of why they were medically discharged is up to you, though I'd love anything that touches on both.
Poking at the effects of DADT would be nice too. And especially if there's emphasis on Young Man having his own shit to deal with; Veteran can be a mess all he likes, but that doesn't mean the guy he's interested in is going to be able to fix him. Both of them fixing each other is a great thing to look at, though.
OF2: Retired superhero/Supervillain who keeps seeking him out because he misses him
No Archive Warnings Apply
I think everything I could want is pretty much summed up in the tag? But nonstandard powers are always fun to play with. Go hog wild.
OF3: Child Genius & His Hardworking Single Father/The Guy Who Knocked Him Up Years Ago
No Archive Warnings Apply
I can take this as either A/B/O or as a trans male character, but I'd prefer (if it's either) that there's kind of more of a focus on fluff than a focus on the Horrible Ways Society Treats These Tragic Men? Very little on-screen transphobia or anything like that, ideally.
Pick your poison as to how they meet up again (or how they met the first time). I was thinking something vaguely along the lines of a one night stand that went poorly for Dad here, maybe the kid's teacher turns out to be the other parent, but I'm good with pretty much anything. The key dynamic I'm interested in is the other parent not realizing that they did knock someone up years ago, and doing their best to make up for it now. Good parenting!! Good parenting is the thing!!!